Alya Qistina

Friday, November 23, 2012

High risk


Normal blood glucose level.


My blood glucose level. Pre Diabetis Mellitus.

Breathe in, breathe out. Okay, don't panic. This is just numbers. Oh no, this is between life and death. How come a 22-years-old, skinny-underweight and a good girl is suffered from a high blood glucose level? Impossible!

So I sat down and stared at the blank wall and the image of me injecting the insulin right to my stomach is clearly pictured in my head, so I said to myself, "Right, I need to stop taking Pepsi"

Seriously guys, 1 litre of Pepsi, I could finish it in 2 days. I swear, Pepsi is one delicious beverage ever invented (Egypt Pepsi especially - Oh Egyptians, you are blessed!). And whatever delicious is always not healthy. That's annoying.  -_____-

So okay, I come out with a new routine now. I try as possible as I can to go for an exercise (which I never do anything about it so far), reduce sugar intake, drink plain water as much as I can to neutralise the concentrated blood back (high blood glucose, high concentration of blood, wounds take time to heal and scars will probably appear - scared!), try to put cinnamon in cooking dish, manage the stress well, bla bla bla.

3 weeks passed and I manage to reduce my sugar intake! I even stop drinking Pepsi, I mean not completely, are you crazy? Pepsi was like an oxygen before, I needed it. So a very quick gulp of Pepsi last week on a midnight, very quick one cause I was afraid I'll be caught by Husna and I must got ready with some babbling. (I'm sorry guys).

My housemates, they help me a lot, they will remind me about this, tell me to not taking high glucose content food but they eat them in front of me which I just can stare and ask them, "How does it taste?"

Fine.

Husna told me, "You must see your face after you get the result, you're panicked and you wanted to cry".

So, I'm still in the process of reducing my blood glucose level. I'm trying, it's very hard actually especially when I have a lot on my mind - exams, stress, tired body, acne, winter, money and bla bla. 

And you guys don't have any idea how much I miss Pepsi. 

Hahaha.

p/s: I don't dare telling this to my parents. Mom will be very worry and I'm a good daughter so I just want to let her know about good things only. Okay bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment