Alya Qistina

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

orthodontic treatment

If you remember I used to complain about my teeth disarrangement  that I was thinking of wearing braces to correct the alignment.

I come to a decision to put on that steel. Firstly, because of the overlapping teeth, I find it so hard to brush my teeth properly that I'm afraid I'm not wholly cleaning all part of my teeth. My toothbrush seems so hard to reach that part.

Second, because of this overlapping teeth, people think my teeth create huge gap with each other and they thought I'm toothless. I admit that my teeth/bone are kind of fragile (I used to make a bone test in one of the health campaigns, just out of my interest, but the result was shocking - the lady said my 23 year-old bones were much less like 40+ year-old bones, I was offended! Hahaha), like in one incident, my tooth cracked due to a trauma of me biting a chicken bone. -___-

So let's be friend with a dentist, and let him corrects all these imperfections.

Third, I want to look good on my wedding pictures. This may sounds ridiculous. But this contributes 70% of the decision making on this hahaha. I probably won't have much time to bother the photographer to take my pictures properly every time of the day since I'm always a fussy customer, so let's make a win-win situation here.

It's been a month since I wear braces now. And it's been around 2 months now that I've been going back and forth to the dental clinic - to prepare my teeth for the orthodontic treatment. I need to correct few damages first. I did root canal treatment, fillings, and all. You just name it! Hahaha.

Well surprisingly, I don't feel pain at all. The dentist decides to put on braces in stages. He put brackets at the selected teeth and let me be like that for a week. Then a week after, he started to put wires and elastic bands.

Because he doesn't want me to feel the pain if he puts everything in one go. What a strategy hahaha.

So seriously, no pain at all. Just a little pressure on my teeth, once in a while and disappear after that.

I just eat what I want, except chewing gum. I remember eating a carrot recklessly and the wire suddenly off of its bracket, my dentist asked me, "Whyyyy?" because he clearly told me before of what to eat and what not to.

"Because it's food, I can't help being hungry and restrain myself over food" - I said to myself.
Hahaha. But actually I always act like a scared chicken in front of any doctors.

But I grow some ulcers! And the ulcers tend to harshly touch the metal bracket, it feels so @#$*&!

*breathe in breathe out*

I'm having a dental appointment once a week instead of a regular once a month routine because the doctor decides so, I told you guys, S-T-R-AT-E-G-Y. I'm okay with that, since he's one professional and friendly dentist.

But I'm taking 3-month break now for my summer break in Malaysia, and will come again to continue this treatment.

See you in 3 months!

p/s: I used to be so scared seeing this haunting chair. I didn't know where I got the strength to sit on that. We are bff now. *blow nails*

No comments:

Post a Comment